The most important thing in the original tool is the quality of metal. Jenuine Fokin Hoe, (flat-cutter) is made of structural spring steel (steel grade 65G), which has undergone special processing - annealing, hardening, tempering and sharpening.
* The basic principle of working with a flat-cutter is to move it parallel to the surface of the soil. Quite often this rule is violated, and the gardener rightly resents: "What is the point in it? It's an ordinary chopper, only the price is higher!"...
* The tool should be fitted for yourself, considering your height and working arm (right or left). To do this, change the angle of inclination of the blade - directly or at an angle - using fixing bolts and holes. Proper adjustment of the tool does not allow the gardener to bend over too much, and the tool blade cannot be immersed heavily in the ground.
* The handle for flat-cutter must be FLAT! Flat handle allows you to fit the flat-cutter at different angles for various jobs.
* The blade needs to be sharpened regularly. It is easier and 2 times more efficient to work with a sharpened blade! When sharpening, be careful not to round the sharpening angles.
* Keep your back straight, your body slightly tilt
* Hold handle so that your thumbs "look" up.
Every time you go to the garden - pick up a flat-cutter! To understand the charm of this tool, you need to work with it constantly! Look for the desired and convenient length of the handle, angle of the blade fitting. Watch yourself!